Sunday, May 10, 2020

A LETTER TO MY OCEAN: MY MOM


Your love is like an ocean, immensely deep and rich and I am the sandy shore which soaks your love. You are the waves which come and cool the sand which is burning under the heat of the sun, you take my worries away. You are the tide which hides the shore in its bosom safe from the world. The sand doesn’t know how deep the ocean is and what it hides in the depths of itself, it only sees the surface calm sometimes and fierce sometimes, but it doesn’t know that underneath the waves it’s always constant and calm. Sometimes the ocean throws its wave high and far on the shore and takes away filth and debris .Just like you mumma, when you scold us to wash away our wrongs. Some think you are briny sometimes but they don’t know why it is that way. Your unfulfilled dreams turned into salt and you took in the shore's salt as well, you bury your sadness within yourself and grieve in our pain. The sandy shore, after a while might think that it can do well all by itself because it feels thousands of feet cool the burning for a minute moment and mistakes it for the same cool the ocean provides it, but what it doesn’t realize is that a shore is nothing without the ocean, that the very reason a shore exists is because of the ocean itself. It stays with the shore no matter what happens, no matter how many feet come and go. It wipes away the the blemishes left behind by the feet.
One day I hope to be the ocean for you like you are for me, hope to surround you with warmth like you do, I hope to provide you support like you do for me, I hope to fulfill your dreams like you fulfilled mine because I come from you and so does my happiness.  All I can be is a river because I know I can’t love unconditionally like you. I could be a river which ends in the ocean.

3 comments: